Solar powered security cameras may be the best security system for your home. They are a few differences between the solar powered and hardwired security camera such as these cameras are powered by solar energy rather than the traditional sources of electric charge or cablings. In short, they are not dependent on external power sources to provide them with a power to work efficiently.
However, they are measures that are needed to be taken in order to keep your solar powered camera to function properly and protect your home to the best of its capabilities. Here are some tips to your solar security system all powered up.
Charging during the peak hours
The solar-powered security system needs to receive maximum sunlight which is in the peak hours of the day that refers to the highest point of the sun. This can vary from place to place and the season of a particular place. By peak hours, it is meant that the sun should give 1,000 watts of power per sq. meter. This means that the intensity of light is taken as a measurement instead of the total amount of time the sun is present.
Battery life of the system
The solar energy is stored in batteries so make sure the batteries are capable of storing enough power to last through the night or at least for 12 hours a day. Also, check whether how long it takes for the camera system to completely charge.
One of the best solar powered security cameras is one that is durable in all situations and upholds features such as water resistance and dust protection. Also, the mounting apparatus needs to stay in place in all kinds of weather including high winds.
Here is a review of some of the best solar powered security camera according to your needs and guide you a little if you are looking for one.
- This security camera has no wires whatsoever which mean that there are no power cords and no wires.
- It supports night vision technology that is equipped with high-intensity IR LEDs. So, it is capable of recording about 32 feet. It automatically switched the color to black at night time with the help of light switch of ICR dual filter.
- It is weatherproof with IP66 that is perfect for outdoors.
- It also features the technology of powder spraying, anti-wear and is even scratch resistant.
- The charging is done through the cover of the solar panel by 6600mAh battery.
- You can view live footage via the app on your mobile phones anywhere and anytime and it has a wake-up function which is remote.
- Since it is 100 percent wire free so it is easy to install and can be placed literally anywhere outdoors from your homes to farms and gardens to ensure the safety of these places.
- The PIR alarm can be triggered and records footage even when there is a network interruption.
- The solar charging stops charging the battery when it is full and automatically turns off the charging process.
- No maintenance is required throughout the year with the solar charging.
- The camera needs WIFI to send any alarm notifications to your mobile phone app and in case your WIFI is disconnected then it won’t send you any alerts.
- It is the best solar powered security camera that is perfect for outdoor use.
- It is designed as rainproof which means that the system is not affected by water and hence is waterproof.
- The energy consumption is a low and environmental protection as it uses solar power.
- It has a realistic and professional appearance due to the unique design of the security camera. It gives the appearance of a real security camera system.
- It is an anti-theft camera which means that it has an effective way to recognize criminals or thieves.
- The flashing red LED lights grab the attention of possible intruders and avert the potential thief or two.
- This security camera system has wide applications ranging for shops, homes, and many other locations. It is a universal fit for these places.
- It is simple and quick to install the security system. Also, the bracket for the camera is adjustable to fit according to how you want to place the camera.
- It has long-lasting as it comes with a durable material.
- The anti-theft feature scares off the burglars.
- It does not have night vision so you won’t be able to know what’s been going around the house at night. The system won’t be able to monitor and protect the house during the night.
- The picture or video quality is 1080P which records in full definition HD quality.
- It is a wireless solar power security system camera.
- It is highly sensitive and has a wide-angle IR range from 0 to 10 meters that senses human movements and records them. The wide angle is of 120 degrees.
- It sends real-time and instant alerts via the app push notifications.
- The security camera can work a long time in standby mode with approximately 10-20 times triggers per day.
- The battery is rechargeable of 4000mAh of solar or lithium battery but it is preferable to make use of the solar consumption of the device and store it in the battery.
- IP67 weatherproof technology is a soakable system that can withstand all types of weather conditions such as rain, snow, sunny or fog with temperature starting from -10 degrees Celsius and ending with 60 degrees Celsius.
- It records videos only when triggered by human movement.
- You can place the camera anywhere you want and keep your house protected by the vigilant camera system as it monitors the house from anytime and anywhere.
- It is easy to install as no wiring or cords are used.
- If the router connection is not stable or sufficient sunlight is not given to the system, then it won’t work properly.
- It has a facial recognition feature which recognizes any familiar person in front of the camera instantly. You just have to preload images into the system so that it acknowledges the individuals.
- It displays clear and sharp images and videos of live streaming. It records the live footage from your mobile phones. This is done by using the Tend app which can be used from any location.
- The cloud storage is free and lets you see videos and images of what happened during the past seven days.
- The motion detection sends instant notifications to your mobile phone when any motion is sensed by the motion detectors.
- The Lynx camera system has a two-way communication system that lets you listen and talk with your loved ones.
- It is weatherproof so it protects and monitors your house whether it is sunny or raining outside.
- It is also had night vision to let you see what happens at night in good quality.
- In the event when there is a power outage or internet outage the solar-powered system stores solar energy for up to seven days.
- The facial recognition minimizes the alerts of false alarms and maximizes the security level.
- If at any time, there is power outage then the system stores the data for a maximum of three days. Once the power returns then it sends the footage to the cloud.
- If you want to reset the camera, then you cannot do this from the camera’s application. You have to reset the camera from the back of it. So, if the camera is mounted, then it becomes difficult to reset it.
- This solar powered security camera system is best for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It has a waterproof cover which protects the device from water.
- The camera has a rotation bracket that is adjustable which can be rotated from 0 degrees to 90 degrees up and down. Also, it can be moved in the horizontal direction by 360 degrees.
- The camera is fitted with a flashing LED. The red LED lights flash every five seconds is an effective deterrent.
- The solar modules of the system charge only the NiMH rechargeable batteries if there is enough sunlight available to charge it.
- This solar-powered camera system is perfect for home, offices, parks, parking lot, and shopping malls
- The material of the system is durable and of high quality.
- It uses a quick installation process that is made of simple design.
- The AA rechargeable batteries of 1.5V and AA normal batteries cannot be charged by soar energy using the solar panels. The charging function won’t work with any of these two.
In conclusion, the solar powered security camera systems are efficient and provide the top best security and protection to cater to your needs. So, if you are looking for a security camera, then why not choose a solar powered system that will not be a hassle and will automatically take up solar energy from the sun.