Best Z Wave Dimmer: Take Control of your Home
Let’s say you wanted to be a part of the ‘Smart Home’ revolution. You want to get started with the steps of making your home the ultimate smart home.
If that’s the case, then you may want to start with the lighting control. And that’s what this review of the best z wave dimmer is all about.
The smart switch options are becoming exceedingly popular these days. These types of smart 3 way switches are very convenient to use. When it comes to controlling the lights from afar, then it’s probably a good idea to get a dimmer for your home.
And if that’s what you want, then we’re really happy that you found your way towards us. Although we will be reviewing some of the best available z wave switch options, there will be some added bonus for you guys at the end.
So, stick around. You certainly wouldn’t want to miss anything.
Z Wave Dimmer: A Simple Starter
If you’re looking for the answer to the question of what is a zwave dimmer, then you’ve come to the right place.
A z wave dimmer or a z wave remote dimmer is particularly used for controlling the lighting from a distant place.
In short, if you have such a system in place, then you can easily control the dimming of lights from a faraway location, either with the help of a remote or a smart assistant. That’s it.
Now before we dive into the review of the best options for a z wave dimmer, let’s have a sneak peek at what we will be dealing with here.
Now that you’ve had a look at some of the best home assistant z wave dimmer options, it’s time for us to do some more digging. Although the features may seem pretty straightforward, there are a few things that may need some more attention.
And that’s our goal for this review. So, let’s get on with it.
1 OF 7
GE Enbrighten Z-Wave plus Smart Dimmer Switch
When it comes to the best z wave switch 2019, you may want to consider the ge z wave switch options. The folks at GE are pretty much the unsung leaders when it comes to such futuristic tech for your home.
So here are the features:
First of all, as the performance goes, we do want to point out the dimming controls and scheduling. Its scheduling capabilities are pretty profound when it comes to a z wave dimmer.
Also, the extra Wifi reach is always a welcome addition. It offers proper control of your lighting even from a fair amount of distance.
Overall, the ge enbrighten z-wave plus smart dimmer switch is one of those options that leaves no doubt behind in anyone’s mind. So, if you want to check it out, you will certainly not be disappointed.
- The Z-Wave Enbrighten is compatible with Amazon Home Assistant.
- Features good compatibility with various smart home devices.
- It comes preloaded with wireless scheduling capabilities.
- Offers an extended range of up to 150 feet.
- It’s highly compatible with LED, CFL and halogen bulbs.
- The mobile compatibility is commendable, offers solid control over Wifi connectivity.
2 OF 7
Leviton DH6HD-1BZ 600W Decora Smart Dimmer
When it comes to being simply the one option that won’t deny you anything less convenient, the leviton dh6hd-1bz 600w decora smart dimmer is the choice to beat. Despite being one of the more pricey options in the market, you will find it to be worth every penny.
As far as the features go, then we’re more than happy with what it has to offer. Its compatibility with Siri assistant is one of its noteworthy features. Although you may need to meddle with neutral wiring a bit, the rest of the installation process is pretty straight forward.
With that said, as far as usability is concerned, we believe it makes its case very clear. As a leviton smart switch option, it certainly leaves very little room for error. Do check it out for yourselves.
- A highly suitable option for iOS users.
- The overall controlling capabilities are decent.
- It can muster 300-watts of power for LEDs, 600-watts for incandescent bulbs.
- A robust unit for multi-area operation.
- Offers good flexibility when it comes to mounting.
3 OF 7
Philips Hue White A19 60W Equivalent LED Smart Bulb Starter Kit
The Philips hue starter kit is one of those options that needs no introduction. The brand itself is pretty reliable when it comes to such smart consumer products.
So, let’s take a look at the features:
First of all, the fact that it’s highly compatible with both Google Assistant and Alexa is something you don’t really find that easily. Especially at such a price point. The philips hue white a19 60w equivalent led smart bulb starter kit also offers precise dimming and scheduling capabilities as well.
So, overall, we feel this is one of those properly planned devices that have the potential to make your life easier, by a significant bit. Make sure to get a good look at the features to better understand its capabilities.
- It works really well with both Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Features a full kit that offers maximum operational capabilities.
- Offers good overall scheduling and planned dimming controls.
- A highly reliable option with a decent lifespan comes with integrated power saving options.
- Offers decent adjustability and performance.
4 OF 7
Leviton DZ6HD-1BZ Decora Smart 600W Dimmer
The leviton dz6hd-1bz decora smart 600w dimmer with z-wave technology boasts to be the option that makes multi-area lighting management a lot easier. So, let’s talk about its capabilities.
First of all, the 4 remote units it has offers better lighting control, separately and unitedly. If you add that with the smart device compatibility, then you will find it very useful indeed.
Overall, when it comes to solid adaptability with your home lighting electrical settings, then this leviton decora smart switch has your back. In order to check out the compatibility aspects, you should probably take a closer look at it.
- Offers solid compatibility with Amazon supported smart devices.
- It can work with dimmable CFL and LEDs, features a maximum power rating of 300-watts.
- It comes with multi-area compatibility with its 4 units, offers good overall flexibility of use.
- Compatible with various wall mounting brackets and color kits.
- Features solid support for z-wave plus commands.
5 OF 7
GE Zigbee in-Wall Smart Dimmer
The ge zigbee in-wall smart dimmer is a robust option for lighting controls. Now we’re not saying it’s the best option just because of the controllability. As a matter of fact, its integration capability with the Amazon Home Assistant is what makes it so special.
Other than its superb smart assistant integration, it does have superiority when it comes to scheduling and control. As far as the long-range usability goes, then it’s pretty solid as well.
Overall, if you’re looking for a complete package, you should probably check the ge z wave dimmer out for yourselves.
- Features good compatibility with Amazon Alexa and other supported smart gadgets.
- Features support for LED and CFL with a maximum capacity of 150-watts.
- A solid option for home renovation as the mountings are highly flexible to work with.
- The included paddles and mountable items are suitable for almost any décor.
- The 150-feet of Wifi connectivity is highly usable and accurate.
6 OF 7
Sylvania Smart Home 73743 Lightify Smart Dimming Switch
If you’re looking for a budget z wave dimmer, then the sylvania dimmer 73743 can be a very decent option for you.
This battery-powered dimmer is very easy to set up, making it a very convenient option for your controlling needs. The dual-button system is very cable of dimming and undimming without any hiccups.
Other than that, you can pretty much get away with all the basics done right. If that’s all that you want, along with comfortable setup, then you can go with the sylvania smart home 73743 lightify smart dimming switch with your eyes closed.
- Offers more-than-acceptable results with ZigBee Smart hub and other supported devices.
- Features dual programmable buttons for optimal usability.
- It’s a battery operated device with solid dimming controls.
- It doesn’t require any extra connectivity apparatus, good with existing wiring and arrangements.
- The setup and usage are very comfortable and accurate overall.
7 OF 7
GE 45613 Z-Wave Wireless Lighting Control Three-Way Dimmer Kit
If you’re looking for a z wave dimmer module that makes the most sense in terms of performance, then the GE45613 should be able to take care of you.
Although the pricing is a bit steep on the ge 45613 it still manages to keep up because of its feature set. It’s a pretty well-rounded product, both in terms of usability and functionality.
Overall, we believe this particular dimmer is a good choice for those who are looking for something premium. If you’re one of those people, then make sure to check it out.
- The Amazon Alexa is highly suitable for voice-over operations.
- It’s really easy to replace.
- The mobile usability is spot on, no additional setup hassle.
- The mounting apparatus matches almost every existing options.
- The lighting is smooth and offers decent glow and controllability at the same time.
Buying the best z wave dimmer: Making the right choice
If you’re choosing to go with one of our options, you certainly won’t regret your decision.
But, let’s say you want a small dimmer switch. And the dimensions of our products aren’t really doing it for you.
In that case, we have some pointers for you. These considerations will allow you to make the right decision as to which dimmer should you choose.
Material of choice
When it comes to the best z wave dimmer for led lights, you may want to pay attention to your material of choice. Copper is, by far, one of the best choices for materials right now. Right after that you have materials like evolve, jasco and more.
Load Bearing Capacity
The load-bearing capacity is of utmost importance when it comes to lighting control. When it comes to the question of how to install a z wave dimmer switch, then you may want to keep the load-bearing capacity in check.
Comparing the differences
This is very important when it comes to the types of dimmer switches. You need to be very careful in choosing the right option for your home. The dimming effects, mounting, even the power consumption can be way off if you don’t pay attention to what you’re buying.
Covering the cost
When it comes to a z wave programmable light switch, then it’s pretty much a one-time investment. So, cheaping out here can lead to some annoyances.
The only advice we can make here is that you check out each brand on the websites of the respective brands. This certainly will help out a lot.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this review of the best z wave dimmer.
Although we believe the options we shared with you are more than enough, you may be looking for something else. And that’s the reason why we’ve given you some key pointers on buying the best z wave led dimmer.
If we were to muster out one last advice, it would be to do your research properly. With such products, you never know what you can trust.
Although independent reviews like ours are more than enough for the average user, still, there’s a lot of room for improvement. And that’s where the research process will be the most effective.
And that’s all for today. Hope we see you back sometime!