Best Tablet for Home Automation: Your Security in Your Own Hands
It’s pretty exciting to observe how the world of technology is changing. Although you wouldn’t find any particular piece of tech that would control your life back in the 1990s, things have changed in 2019.
Here, we will be talking about the best tablet for home automation. Here’s why:
The global smart home market didn’t really matter back in 2010. But after 2016, the rise became more substantial, as people started showing interest in the abilities of a smart home.
In 2019, we’re seeing an expected expenditure of nearly 34 billion dollars in the US alone. This number is expected to climb to around 54 billion dollars in 2022.
And if these numbers show you the promise of how effective a smart home can be, then a smart home tablet will the doors to untold possibilities.
What exactly is home automation?
Before we even start to work on the review for the best home automation tablet, let’s get some things out of the way first.
And that is how home automation systems really play a role in your life.
The term ‘home automation’ mainly refers to the fact that a controllable network gives you access to all your home-based chores. What we mean is that home automation enables you to control your electrical appliances and other relatable resources over an established network.
The controllable network is wired or wireless in nature. Although both these technologies have been in existence for sometime, wireless control has the upper hand because of its versatile nature.
When it comes to controlling, you’d certainly want the best android tablet for home automation. And that’s where this review comes in, where we talk about some of the tablet options you can currently get.
But before starting off with the in-depth review, let’s have a bird’s eye view of what you’ll be dealing with here.
After you’ve had a look at the specs that matter, we will start off with the things that matter.
1 of 7Lenovo Tab 4
If you’re looking for the best smart home tablet, then the Lenovo Tab 4 will certainly not disappoint.
Apart from the regular features found in a typical Lenovo tablet pc, we’re more interested in how the home automation features stack up.
First of all, the resolution and display size are more than perfect for your home automation needs. Also, as an Android device powered by a Qualcomm processor, it’s pretty capable of handling google apps designed specifically for home apps.
Other than that, the 32-Gigs of storage is plenty for a smart tablet in 2019. Also, it’s really well constructed, which offers good overall usability. And the audio performance in this Lenovo tab 4 review does stay in favor of the tablet.
All in all, it’s a great option for any homeowner to get started with the fruits of automation.
- A crisp 10.1-inch display with a 1280×800 resolution, perfect for your home automation needs.
- It comes with 2-Gigs of RAM and 32-Gigs of storage.
- Features Dolby-Atmos Audio with dual-stereo, front-facing speakers.
- Features solid usability with android applications purpose-built for smart homes.
- 20-hour battery life is extensive for automation usability.It’s a rugged, shock-proof tablet with a solid 1.4-Gigahertz processor as a core.
2 of 7
Fusion5 Android 8.1 Oreo Tablet PC
The Fusion5 10.1 android 8.1 Oreo tablet is pretty much an all-rounder when it comes to home automation on a base level. If you’re looking for a tablet that gets things done, then you may want to consider it.
At first, you’ll observe that the 10.1-inch HD+ display is more than capable of taking care of home automation. Not only that, it’s got a decent battery as well, which should give you more than 6-hours of screen-on time.
All in all, if you stack that overall features, you’ll find this Wifi-enabled tablet to be more than satisfactory. I think the Fusion5 tablet review clears this matter to the users.
- The Fusion5 offers a decent pack of features for the money.
- It comes with a 10.1-inch, 1280×800 IPS display, more than adequate for smart applications.
- Features an MT8167 Quad-core processor, perfectly usable with home automation app.
- The 2.4-Gigahertz Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity allow good remote operating capabilities.
- A 5000-mah battery is suitable for long hours of usability overall.
3 of 7
Huawei + Harman Kardon MediaPad M3
If you’re looking for the best smart home tablet, then the Huawei mediapad m3 is one of the best options you will find.
Although it’s a bit pricey, the FHD+ resolution paired with a powerful ship compensates for it to a good degree. The app compatibility is more than satisfactory as well. Also, the sound quality is one of its strong suits as well. This will allow better audio integration regarding home automation systems.
Overall, this slim, well-built machine is more than capable. The Huawei mediapad review pretty much covers this. In short, you can’t go wrong with this option.
- Features a 2560×1600 IPS display, powered by a Hi-Silicon Octa-core chip.
- It features good compatibility with modern home automation applications.
- The Harmon/Kardon certified speakers offer more-than-decent sound quality overall.
- The 4.6-mm thickness offers decent overall usability as a smart home assistant.
- The Wifi connectivity is commendable as well.
4 of 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab-A SM-T580
The Samsung galaxy tab A sm-t580 review gives us a few things to take into consideration when it comes to a capable smart home device. Home automation with google home will be a robust experience for anyone using this tablet.
First of all, it’s a tablet that is highly compatible with Google’s Android apps. The FHD IPS display offers crisp images with amazing detail. Although the core may not be as powerful as it seems, the solid battery life more than compensates for it, offering 10 hours+ battery life easily.
And that’s basically it. The Samsung galaxy reviews show us that it’s a really decent performer and offers superior usability as well. So, you may want to have a shot at it to see if it works for you.
- Features FHD (1920×1080) display, very crispy output overall.
- The compatibility is decent when it comes to compatibility with home automation application.
- The Exynos 7870 processor paired with 2GB of RAM is more than capable of handling your home automation needs.
- The Wifi 802.11 and Bluetooth interfacing is commendable.
- It comes with a 7300-mah battery, very suitable for long hours of use.
5 of 7
Huawei Media Pad M5 Tablet
The Huawei mediapad m5 tablet review has a few things to show the average user. And one of it us how well of an option it is as the best tablet for smart home control.
Although it’s one of the more ‘aristocratic’ options in our lineup, the Huawei mediapad m5 tablet with 10.8-inch screen has the best resolution you’ll find for the price. As far as the usability goes, the 2.5D curved glass complements the entire design.
Even the performance is really solid thanks to the inner processor and RAM. And the battery will offer more than 10-hours of juice without any hiccup, making it a very intriguing overall option.
So, if you want to get to the top of the ladder when it comes to the overall features, you certainly go for it.
- Features a 2560×1600 high-resolution display with 2.5D curved glass for good overall usability.
- The HiSilicon Kirin 960 processor with a solid Wifi interface is compatible with home automation gadgets.
- The 7500-mAh offers decent overall screen-on times.
- The 4-Gigabyte of RAM ensures smooth overall user experience.
- The rugged design also helps out with the functionality as well.
6 of 7
Lenovo Smart Tab P10
When it comes to Alexa home automation, the p10 from Lenovo certainly comes out on top. Let’s see what it has to offer.
First of all, let’s start out by announcing that it is one of the very few options that has decent compatibility with the Amazon Alexa. Such compatibility is really hard to find these days. Also, the FHD display paired with a solid battery should compensate for the hefty price tag.
All in all, from the Lenovo smart tab p10 review, we can see it is indeed a very compelling option with a decent set of features. So, you may want to check it out for yourselves.
- The P10 features a Full-HD+ 1920×1200 colorful display that is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor.
- The 7000-mAh battery offers a reliable amount of screen-on time.
- The 4 front-firing Dolby Atmos speakers are capable of delivering robust audio.
- It’s highly compatible with Amazon Alexa and supported devices.
- The rugged design also helps out with the functionality as well.
7 of 7
Tablet PC by Victbing
If you’re on the hunt for the best budget tablet 2019, then the Victbing tablet may be the option you’ve been looking for.
From the Victbing tablet reviews, you’ll find that it gives you what you pay for. It’s got a decent HD+ display, with solid innards as a backup. And the battery life is acceptable as well. Furthermore, the Wifi performance is on par with the big players in the market, which is nice.
All in all, if you only care about the basics, then you should certainly go for this tablet. You certainly won’t be disappointed.
- A very solid budget-friendly option.
- Features an MT6580 1.3-Gigahertz processor, offers very reliable performance.
- The 2GB RAM can easily handle 1280×800 screen resolution.
- The 802.11 Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 offer very good adaptability for smart applications.
- It comes with 6000-mAh battery for an acceptable amount of screen-on time.
Buyer’s Guide: Best Tablet for Home Automation
If you’re looking for the best tablet for home inspections and smart app usability, then the options we’re offering should be more than relevant for your needs.
But, let’s say you want to go for something else. Let’s say you want to do your own research and find a suitable tablet for that matches your needs specifically.
In that case, here are a few pointers that you’ll need to take into account.
Screen resolution isn’t everything
With higher screen resolution, you’ll be looking at a higher price tag. It’s a straightforward truth.
If you’re just looking for a home assistant that gives you total access, then it’s a wise choice to go with an HD+ resolution. But, if visualization is a concern for you (you consume a lot of visual content), then you may want to spend a few extra dollars and get an FHD or FHD+ option.
The core power does matter
This will be a major concern if you are looking for the best tablet for home and work.
In 2019, developers are coming with a lot of visually demanding apps for smart homes. If you’re an early adopter or you’re interested in using apps with visually demanding user interfaces, then it’s probably better to go with a tablet that has more than 4-Gigabytes of RAM, and a powerful processor to complement that load.
Still, a 2-Gigabyte option isn’t that bad at all, as it can get a lot done when it comes to smart home usability.
Storage and WiFi usability: an afterthought?
Usually, in 2019, we would suggest that you go with at least a 32GB storage option, as automation apps are becoming more storage-hungry nowadays. There are smaller iterations, but they won’t do much good.
As for the WiFi connectivity and usability, it should be on par with the current standards (most of our products are!). Also, Bluetooth connectivity should be capable as well. You may want to get your feet wet regarding these matters for the best possible outcome.
How well can you use it?
These are pretty much the bonus features when it comes to the best home automation tablet.
The build quality and other usability factors are solely dependent on the user. You may want to go to an experience center if you’re concerned about the handling capabilities of such devices. Again, it is more of a self-preference thing.
Also, compatibility with mountings is, though minor, a key concern to take into account if you’re looking for mounting the tablet on the wall of your home or workplace.
The best home automation devices will help you understand the future. Not only that, but they’ll also allow you to handle your needs in a more efficient manner.
Although we’ve offered a fair few options as the best tablet for home automation, we’ve also shown you the way to find the product matching your needs. We hope they come in handy.
All in all, we’re pretty sure you’ll find the best possible option in our lineup. And that’s all that matters for us.
Goodbye for now.