A modern trend rising these days is the urge to make the homes smarter and more secure. When we talk about the smart houses, we are basically referring to the house that is more secure, safe and provides energy efficiency. In a smart house there are appliances and electronics that are connected to a central network from where they communicate with each other and keep on working on their own or on the schedule planted by the home owner. For example, if the lights of the house are settled in such a way that they will turn on as soon as the darkness will start spreading, the lights would be called smart. Similarly all the other devices work in collaboration with each other.
With the use of the internet the home owner is capable of taking control of the devices with the help of some other smart device such as a mobile phone or a tablet. The owner can also have a look at the status of all the devices, get a look at the videos streaming provided by the cameras installed and can even turn any appliance on or off anytime anywhere through the internet.
When this approach started to rise, many companies started working to provide the solutions for smart homes that would be cost effective and even very efficient for the home owners. One such name is the Smart things, a company that has been working to provide smarter homes and smarter devices to the people.
- 1:Netgear Arlo wire-free Pro HD security camera
- 2:Arlo Q Plus by NETGEAR – 1080p HD Security Camera | 2-way audio | PoE/AC Adapter powered | Indoor only
- 3:Ring Video Doorbell Pro, Works with Alexa
- 4:Samsung SNH-V6414BN SmartCam HD Plus 1080p Wi-Fi IP Monitoring Camera
- 5:Samsung SNH-P6410BN SmartCam HD Pro 1080p Full-HD Wi-Fi Camera
Why you need a camera for smart things?
Since the hub provides connectivity to all the smart appliances and devices in the home, therefore a camera can be very beneficial to the home owner, even more than we have anticipated. A camera when integrated with smart things can not only provide the video surveillance but it can also provide you with a lot of other benefits such as keeping an eye at the burglars, keeping a check on the kids and pets left at home, monitoring the activities of a nanny or some old parents etc.
Therefore the integration of a smart camera with the smart things is essential. Let us have a look at the best camera for smart things and decide for yourself which one suits you the best.
If you wish to add a smart security system to your house or if you only have one at your home and all you need to do is to add a security camera to the hub, then this camera can be the best choice for you. This camera can provide security to you for both indoor and outdoor smart devices. If has many amazing features that set it apart from all the other cameras in competition and they have been stated as follows.
- This camera works well with Alexa system
- It is 100% wire and cable free so you need not to hassle with the cables at all
- It is weather resistant so you can place it both indoor and outdoor
- It provides night vision so you can have a look at the things you want to see both in the daytime and at night
- This camera comes with rechargeable batteries so you can charge them and keep using them for long time without having to worry about power
- Comes with 2-way audio
- Provides cloud storage for up to 7 days
- Comes with the artificial intelligence feature as well
- Highly weather resistant so n worries for placing outside
- Delay in video recording is often observed
2:Arlo Q Plus by NETGEAR – 1080p HD Security Camera | 2-way audio | PoE/AC Adapter powered | Indoor only
If you wish to see other options from Arlo, then take a look at this amazing security camera as well as this one is also compatible with the smart things and can be used to increase the security of the house. The difference of this security camera with the previous one from Arlo is that it can only be used in the Indoors. Let us have a look at the other features of this camera.
- This camera works well with Alexa
- You can watch the live video stream from anywhere anytime, all you have to do is to download the app in your smart device and start watching the live video stream anywhere
- The night vision capability has been enhanced so you can clearly see in pitch dark
- The setup options are flexible so you can connect it easily anywhere anytime with any hub or devices
- The camera comes with a 2 way audio, that is it has a mike and a speaker both, so you can talk and listen at the same time easily
- It provides 7 days of free cloud storage so you need not to worry about storing
- In case of some trouble with the internet, it can get connected to the Wi-Fi and Ethernet or PoE as well
- Two way audio
- Enhanced night vision
- Only one user mobile app
As the name tells, this specific camera is for the door only and works with the doorbell. As soon as you get a visitor at the door, the camera turns on, sends an alert to your mobile phone or some other smart device and lets you speak to the visitor, no matter which part of the world you are in, as long as you are connected to the internet. You cannot only speak to the visitor but also see their video. This doorbell makes your home extremely secure and safe.
- This system works in collaboration with Alexa to generate the voice based video
- Allows you to talk, see and speak to the visitor at your door and this you can do from your mobile, tablet or PC easily
- Sends alert to your hand held device as soon as it gets a visitor at the door or when the visitor presses the button
- Requires hard wiring to your already wired system
- Sends video in high quality in 1080P to your phone
- It comes with a life time theft stolen protection which means that if your door bell gets stolen, you can get a new bell from the company
- Option to view, review and save the videos on your device
- Life time theft protection provides comfort for the whole life
- The hard wiring installation becomes very hard to manage for some people
If you are looking forward to stay connected to your home all the time, you can get this camera from Samsung and monitor the activities going on in your home no matter what part of the world you are in. The innovative features of this camera and the amazing design makes this camera loved by everyone who purchases it. Let us have a look at the features.
- The bi directional audio setup allows you to communicate with the visitor that comes to your door and helps you find out who is there
- 1080P full HD streaming and recording allows you to see the visitor in full view and in good clear images
- The ultra-wide 130 degrees viewing angle of the camera allows you to have a look at the whole view of the scene
- Provides night vision up to 30 feet
- Advanced video and motion detection
- Sometimes installation issues might occur
If you want to have a camera that will help you keep an eye on the pets in the house or to check what the kids are doing while you are outside the house, then this camera is the one that is going to help you a lot. You can view the whole scene with the help of this camera anytime anywhere from the whole world. This Smart Cam HD Pro is the one that comes from the house of Samsung and is the best choice when you require a camera to watch the smart things connectivity.
- Provides live streaming to multiple cameras, so that you can see the output in the camera for up to 10 devices
- Comes with one year’s manufacturer’s warranty so that any technical fault will get compromised
- Comes with a built-in two way speaking mode so that you can talk to the visitor without any hesitation and have a look at the whole scene
- Advanced motion and audio detection feature are also enabled in this camera so that the home owner gets an alert every time some visitor comes to the house
- Comes with the email and mobile notification as well
- Setting the device is easier and simple and does not require any software installation
- Simple Wi-Fi setup is included
- None found yet
These cameras, all are compatible with the smartthings hub and enable you to keep a check on house.