Safety and security are the major concerns not only in the commercial and public areas but also in the domestic and residential areas. With the passage of time we are observing that new trends in the world of security are being introduced but along that are the exponentially rising trends in the crime rates as well. People are looking forward to new means and new ways in which they can make their lives more secure and safer for their beloved ones as well. As in the past, the lives became more exposed due to increasing crime, the importance of the safety and security was also observed. This gave birth to the terms such as surveillance and security and till today these are used to define the process.
Let us first have a look at the meaning of the term surveillance and understand why it is so important in our lives, then we will look at the different means for it and finally get a review of those means as well. But first let us get to the basic knowledge.
What is surveillance?
When this question pops into your mind, the answer might drag you to some secret eye you would have seen somewhere. Anyways, we can safely say that the term surveillance means that to keep a constant check or to monitor constantly. This includes a watch kept on some person, a group of people or some suspect, it can also include the watch kept on monitoring the continuous behavior of the people in some area and it can also refer to the careful observation of some organism. But in the major prospect, the term surveillance refers to the continuous observation of some place for the sake of security and safety.
What are the different means of surveillance?
In the world of today, the most common mean that is being used for the surveillance of some specific area are the security cameras. The cameras provide a continuous footage of the place where they are installed and provide a great mean for security and surveillance. The security cameras provide a continuous video of the place where they are installed and these recordings could be saved to the drive or some other memory depending upon the choice of the people using it. The quality of the video being recorded also depends greatly on the camera that has been installed.
Each camera has different features and different specifications but all the cameras that are designed for the sake of security have the same purpose. These cameras play a vital role in providing valid and authentic evidence against an incident that has taken place in the area. Based on the happenings of this incident, the law enforcement agencies can act and catch the person responsible. This way these cameras are of a great benefit for the society and are proving themselves vital for the public and the private areas equally.
What are the benefits of the video surveillance?
Video surveillance can be of great importance for anyone who is willing to pay for it and who is ready to get the benefits out of it. If you still think that these video cameras are good only as long as they have been installed in the dark parking lots of the banks or some airports, then you have not been enlightened of the many benefits they can give you and your business. Here are the benefits that you can avail from these video cameras installation.
- These video cameras have proved to be a great source for deterring the criminals from attempting some theft on your property or from vandalizing your property. Therefore we can safely say that these means of surveillance are great for protecting your assets and for providing you some very effective protection from the unwanted visitors.
- The surveillance cameras are of great use when they are used in the outdoors as they provide perfect protection to the vehicles in the parking lots of the commercial areas and are a great source for catching the criminals in act if the footages are being monitored live.
- These cameras are also a great source for providing the legal protection to the employees and to common people who have installed them at their place. If someone has been wrongly accused of some crime, the video from this camera can provide an evidence that no one can deny at all.
- There are several companies that offer liabilities and discounts to the clients who have installed these cameras to their property so the installation canbe beneficial to you in that regard as well.
- When these cameras are installed in the offices, a rapid change in the behavior of the employees is observed as well. When they know that there is an eye keeping a check on their activities, they try to become more productive, hence increasing the grossproduction of the house. Similarly the thefts and wrong doings at the smaller scale inside the offices is also prevented with the installation of these cameras.
- The remote monitoring of these cameras help you keep a check on the office when the employees have gone home and this way the security of the place is increased many folds as well. Also the installation of these cameras give a peace of mind to the owner.
Owing to the several benefits of the surveillance cameras installed in the offices and businesses, we can safely suggest that these cameras are something essential for your business too and with a small investment in these cameras, you can get a big deal of productivity and can save your assets from any huge loss.
What are the different types of surveillance cameras?
Now that we have seen the benefits and importance of the surveillance cameras, we are in a position to suggest that these cameras are the part and parcel for the security of any business. If you too are having a business or are looking forward to start one, make sure you have made a small room in your finances for the purchase and installation of these cameras as well.
Depending on the make of the video cameras sued for surveillance and security, there are two major categories of these cameras. Here we will be discussing briefly these two types and will have a look at the pros and cons of each.
These cameras, as the name implies, are the cameras that are installed using the hard wires that get installed in the walls or the ceiling and it stays fixed at that point. These cameras need a proper placement of the wires for the power supply and the connection to the internet. O if you are looking forward to have these cameras, then here are the two major things that you are going to need.
- Cables for the power supply
- Ethernet cables for connecting with the transmission network
Once you have provided these two cables to the camera, it is now in a position to transmit the real time video over the internet without having to worry about some signals from the neighboring devices.
- These cameras are highly reliable as they are hardwired
- There is no signal interruption from the other devices
- These cameras are highly durable as well
- These cameras are not portable at all
- You need to make all the hard wired connections through the walls
So you see, these cameras are very convenient and have their own advantages that are incomparable.
Now let us have a look at the other type of the security cameras available in the market, these are the wireless security cameras and they are the latest trend in the world of security and surveillance. When you visit the market, you will find that there are so many variations in the wireless cameras that you are going to love to have them for your business as well.
These cameras do not require any cables to start working since they operate on the batteries and these batteries get charged on two major sources. The first one is the direct charging of the batteries while in the second one, you have to make use of the solar energy to get the batteries charged.
Let us have a look at the pros and cons of the wireless security cameras.
- No cables are required for making the connections
- Charging is easy and the installation is also simple
- The signal interference might occur due to the presence of other wireless devices in the vicinity
- Charging of the batteries is something that can exhaust you
To conclude, we would like to say that both the types of the cameras are good in their own respect and they both are being used in all the sectors depending upon the needs and the resources of the consumers. So which ever type of the surveillance camera you wish to have, all you have to do is to check the factors that affect your decision.